Work with us
If you are a brilliant self-motivated professional looking for a career in Earth Observation or Environmental Research and Innovative Services, Progressive Systems is pleased to hear from you. Tell us about your expertise, strengths and ideas.
Send an email with your CV to
Big Data and HPC engineer
We are looking for candidates to support new projects related to Earth Observation Research and Big Data Analysis. Such projects offer a concrete opportunity to talented and motivated candidates to start a career in the EO/Data Science domain which is expected to significantly grow in the coming years.
The ideal candidate has a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent, with strong competence in at least one of the following domains:
• Big Data analysis and processing
• High Performance Computing
• Grid and Cloud technologies
• Software design, development, integration, verification and validation
• Client/Server applications administration, operation and maintenance
Working knowledge of Earth Observation/Remote Sensing data, systems and applications is desirable.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
• Big Data analysis and processing techniques
• Knowledge of High Performance Computing frameworks
• Experience in Grid/Cloud computing environments
• Experience in archiving and managing large data sets (multi TBs scale)
• Knowledge of distributed file systems
• Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
• System monitoring and statistics
• Programming skills for data analysis and image processing in at least one of the following languages: Python, IDL, Matlab, C, C++, C#, Java, R
• Advanced knowledge of Bash or Python scripting
• Knowledge of Linux environments, in particular Ubuntu and RHEL based distributions
Attitude and Personal Skills:
• Teamwork, autonomy, multitasking
• Technical and scientific writing
• Self-organized, capable to prioritize
• Customer oriented
• Problem solving
• Fluent in English
Interested candidates are invited to send CV and Cover Letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying expectations and career objectives as well.
We thank all the interested candidates.
Selected candidates will be contacted within few weeks from the application submission date. We aim to offer an ideal environment for enabling team members' potential realisation and to create opportunities for personal and professional development.
Published on 05 October 2017