Work with us
If you are a brilliant self-motivated professional looking for a career in Earth Observation or Environmental Research and Innovative Services, Progressive Systems is pleased to hear from you. Tell us about your expertise, strengths and ideas.
Send an email with your CV to
IT System Engineer and Infrastructure Manager
(Published on 15/01/2019)
We are looking for a Senior System Engineer to support Earth Observation (EO) research projects and grid/cloud data processing. Such activites offer a concrete opportunity to talented and motivated candidates to start a career in the EO/Big data domain which is expected to significantly grow in the next decades. Besides a genuine interest for Science and Technology, the successful candidate will be precise, efficient and reliable.
Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Competence in System operations, Programming/Annotation/Modelling languages, DB management, Web/Application servers, Grid/Cloud Computing, Linux OS.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
The successful candidate has relevant competence in the following areas:
· Infrastructure related aspects, such as load balancing, server management, vlan, san, nas, etc.
· Main infrastructure virtualisation environments (VMWare ESXi, etc)
· IT systems functional analysis and architectural design
· Virtual and physical architecture design
· EO data processing techniques
· ESA software packages (e.g. SNAP, NEST, BEAM)
· Image processing software and GIS tool (e.g. ERDAS, ENVI, GDAL, QGIS)
Attitude and Personal Skills:
· Teamwork, autonomy, multitasking
· Technical and scientific writing
· Self-organized, capable to prioritize
· Customer oriented
· Problem solving
· Fluent in English
This position is based in our office in Frascati (Rome) near site ESA-ESRIN.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and Cover Letter in English to email@example.com detailing their motivation, expectations and career objectives.